The following are the Terms and Conditions of using this website – www.lilac-films.co.uk
2. Information on the Website
Whilst every effort is made to update the information contained on this website, neither the Website Owner nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, any share price information, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) (“information”) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. the Website Owner reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. You and your company rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
3. Trade Marks
The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trade marks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trade marks of the Website Owner. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of the Website Owner.
4. External Links
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of the Website Owner and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of the Website Owner. Please contact us if you would like to link to this website or would like to request a link to your website.
5. Public Forums and User Submissions
The Website Owner is not responsible for any material submitted to the public areas by you (which include bulletin boards, hosted pages, chat rooms, or any other public area found on the website. Any material (whether submitted by you or any other user) is not endorsed, reviewed or approved by the Website Owner. The Website Owner reserves the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you in the public areas, without notice to you, if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that you are or there is the likelihood that you may, including but not limited to –
5.1 defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of other users or any third parties;
5.2 publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
5.3 post or upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of the Website Owner’s and/or a third party’s computer system and/or network;
5.4 violate any copyright, trade mark, other applicable Great Britain or international laws or intellectual property rights of the Website Owner or any other third party;
5.5 submit contents containing marketing or promotional material which is intended to solicit business.
6. Specific Use
You further agree not to use the website to send or post any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, indecent, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane, pornographic or violates any applicable law and you hereby indemnify the Website Owner against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatever nature which the Website Owner or any third party may suffer which is caused by or attributable to, whether directly or indirectly, your use of the website to send or post any such message or material.
The Website Owner makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
8. Disclaimer of Liability
The Website Owner shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither the Website Owner nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any share price information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.
9. Use of the Website
The Website Owner does not make any warranty or representation that information on the website is appropriate for use in any jurisdiction (other than Great Britain ). By accessing the website, you warrant and represent to the Website Owner that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of information made available via the website.
10.1 Entire Agreement
These website terms and conditions constitute the sole record of the agreement between you and the Website Owner in relation to your use of the website. Neither you nor the Website Owner shall be bound by any express tacit or implied representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein. Unless otherwise specifically stated these website terms and conditions supersede and replace all prior commitments, undertakings or representations, whether written or oral, between you and the Website Owner in respect of your use of the website.
the Website Owner may at any time modify any relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices. You acknowledge that by visiting the website from time to time, you shall become bound to the current version of the relevant terms and conditions (the “current version”) and, unless stated in the current version, all previous versions shall be superseded by the current version. You shall be responsible for reviewing the then current version each time you visit the website.
Where any conflict or contradiction appears between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
No indulgence or extension of time which either you or the Website Owner may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppel or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
The Website Owner shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices to any third party.
All provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect.
10.7 Applicable laws
Any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Great Britain without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of Great Britain in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the website, or any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
10.8 Comments or Questions
Trading Terms an Conditions:
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing, 50% of the invoice as a deposit must be paid after terms of contract are agreed and at least 14 days prior to commencement of work. The remaining 50% shall be payable on completion of the video or multimedia project. In relation to specific contracts, these figures or terms may be varied as set out in the respective contract.
- For invoices over £1000 sterling Lilac Productions Ltd. will issue an invoice for payment as each sum becomes due, to be paid within 30 days of the date of that invoice.
- For invoices under £1000 sterling Lilac Productions Ltd may require payment upon completion of transfer of goods or services to the purchaser.
- Lilac Production’s fees shall be exclusive of disbursements and expense items related to the agreed programme such as messenger services, postage, overseas telephone charges, colour photocopying, photography and prints, disk or tape duplications, creation of audio and video streaming files, travel accommodation, subsistence, fax charges and similar items which will be invoiced to the client on the relevant project, or separately as necessary.
- If payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, Lilac Productions Ltd. will automatically charge interest at a rate of 8% per annum, which will be added to the customer’s account.
- Payment may be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
- All cheques must be made payable to Lilac Productions Ltd.
- The customer’s requirements must be clearly provided to Lilac Productions Ltd. in writing before commencement of work and subject only to one set of minor alterations thereafter.
- Major alterations to a project, not agreed prior to the commencement of work, must be made subject to a further written agreement.
- A video programme will only be publicly released by Lilac Productions Ltd. once the customer approves all content as complete and satisfactory and confirms this in writing.
- A customer may terminate the contract at any time by written notice of termination.
- When a customer terminates the contract, they will remain liable to pay in full for all work previously undertaken and in progress by Lilac Productions Ltd. unless any other written agreement is reached in advance.
- Any monies (excluding the deposit) held on account and unused will be returned subject to a 5% administration charge.
- Lilac Productions Ltd. reserves the right to refuse to use, publish or broadcast any information it considers obscene or morally unsuitable or which would breach copyrights, or which is libelous, defamatory or illegal.
- Should such a submission occur, the customer will be advised which information was deemed unsuitable, and requested to amend the information. If the customer can show good reason to use the “unsuitable” information, its inclusion may be considered.
- Lilac Productions Ltd. cannot be held liable for loss or damage caused as a result of third party action or failure.
- The client shall provide appropriate security arrangements for any filming outside of the United Kingdom for which Lilac Productions Ltd. provides crew or equipment and such arrangements shall be notified to Lilac Productions Ltd in writing in advance of travel to that jurisdiction.
- Lilac Productions Ltd. cannot be held liable to any party for any errors on any medium after the customer has agreed in writing that the content is correct and accurate and should be posted, published or broadcast.
- Customer contracts may be modified by agreement in writing at any time to add or delete services to better fit the customer’s needs.
- If a project requires additional content this is, in effect, a contract change. An amendment will be made to the original contract and, once approved, becomes contractually binding.
- E-mail correspondence shall be sufficient to prove changes to agreements for the form and content of programmes.
- Lilac Productions Ltd. will not commence work on any project until a signed purchase order or equivalent signed document has been provided by the client.
- In consideration of, and subject to, the final payment of full fees due to Lilac Productions Ltd by the customer, Lilac Productions Ltd hereby assigns to the customer with full title guarantee all the present and future copyright and other intellectual property rights howsoever arising in the content.
- Any confidential or proprietary information which is acquired by Lilac Productions Ltd. from a client company, person or entity will not be used or disclosed to any person or entity, except when required to do so by law. If required, Lilac Productions Ltd. will sign and adhere to the conditions of any Confidentiality Agreement used by the client.
- Any contract requiring Lilac Productions Ltd. to work to specific deadlines provided within the written agreement will be deemed to include a proviso that the clients will make themselves reasonably available to communicate with Lilac Productions Ltd., its servants or agents, as necessary.
- Lilac Productions Ltd. office hours are 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday unless notified otherwise.
- Any claims must be made in writing to Lilac Productions Ltd. within 7 days of receipt of goods. If no claim is made within this period the client is deemed to have accepted the goods at the agreed price.
- Should the customer have cause to make any complaint about service or programmes the complaint, if put in writing, will be acknowledged by Lilac Productions Ltd within 14 days and a detailed reply will be issued to the customer within a further 28 days thereafter. In cases of complaint, all relevant work together with invoice and original materials should be returned to Lilac Productions Ltd.
- Lilac Productions Ltd shall be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by suppliers or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the client may, by written notice to Lilac Productions Ltd., elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.